Top Mechanics For Car Oxygen Sensor Replacement & Repairs in London
Garage in London, 16 years of experience
At Jays Car Service we have 16 years experience in Motor Mechanics. I take pride in my customer satisfaction. I have always been apart of a team but have taken the leap and have opened up my own space. Some ...
SHARMAYNE, Essex • 5th April 2021
Vauxhall Antara • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage in London, 25 years of experience
A mobile mechanic with over 25 years in the trade. Fully qualified mechanic starting my career in independent garages and developing my experience. For your convinience, we come to you! Working on all makes...
MARK, London • 10th March 2021
Ford Focus • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage in London, 30 years of experience
Hi, I’ve been a mechanic since leaving school and have owned and operated my own garage since I was 25 , were you could that I’ve done most jobs on a wide range of vehicles. I’d like to say that my workmans...
ARDA, London • 9th March 2021
Garage in London, 10 years of experience
Pit Start is the only garage in the UK that carries out all repairs and servicing in full public view. You are allowed to go into the work area and inspect the work while it’s being carried out by our profes...
Garage in London, 30 years of experience
We provide MOT tests, servicing and car repairs on all makes and models in Enfield and surrounding areas. Catering for customers in Enfield, Cheshunt, Barnet and Southgate, we offer quality car servicing and...
Garage in London, 12 years of experience
We offer everything you need from a modern state-of-the art workshop – with transparent charges and excellent customer service at the heart of everything we do. Our team of dedicated service professionals ar...
GORDON, London • 5th March 2020
Honda Jazz • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage in London, 17 years of experience
Currently have 17 years experience, starting out my apprenticeship at Bridge Automotive Academy for 3 years. I then moved into a local independent garage where I learnt the trade and gained experience. After...
HAMMAD, London • 19th December 2019
Toyota Prius • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage in London, 16 years of experience
We are a fully mobile vehicle repair/diagnostics service. With 15 years experience you can rely on us to come to you to save you any hassle of visiting a garage. We use the latest diagnostic technology to...
Finding click mechanic was like finding a good garage, with the massive bonus of the garage fitting in with my time schedule and I didn't have the hassle of taking the car there, picking it up (sigh!) ... none of the common horrors!
My mechanic explained various issues clearly and was very personable.
I will Definitely use Click Mechanic in future.”
RUTH, London • 17th June 2019
Mazda RX-8 • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage in London, 15 years of experience
I started off my mechanical career at a Peugeot main dealers developing my skills for 6 years. Then moving on to a local independent garage for 1 year. My next venture was working for Lexus dealership for 4...
TRACEY, Highgate • 1st October 2018
Garage serving London, 16 years of experience
I done my apprenticeship at bates BMW main dealer. Since then I have worked at Independent garages. I have since decided to go out on my own as a Mobile Mechanic. I am able to offer a wide range of repairs i...
Mobile mechanic serving London, 24 years of experience
5 years MOT tester 15 years vw audi seat skoda specialists 24 years experience on all makes and models
He is most recommend, and hopefully to have him work on my car again in future.”
ALAN, London • 28th September 2020
SEAT Altea XL • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage serving London, 15 years of experience
Garage serving London, 12 years of experience
I started my career with Kwik-Fit when I was 16 for a number of years understanding the trade. I moved to work for a few independent garages for around 4 years before working with Vauxhall for 3 years and su...
JACCI, London • 2nd June 2020
Honda CR-V • Lambda sensor replacement
Garage serving London, 18 years of experience
Having spent over 18 years in the motor trade as a senior/ master technician, I have gained a huge amount of experience and skills. I started off as a Technician working on Porsche's for the first 9 years of...
Garage serving London, 30 years of experience
I started out in a VW franchise dealer in 1997 undertaking my apprenticeship. Having spent 4 years there I moved onto a more senior role at another VW franchise dealership where I spent another 3 years. Foll...
SANTOSH, Dagenham • 3rd October 2015
Suzuki Alto • Lambda sensor replacement
Frequently asked questions about car oxygen sensor replacement & repairs in London
Read our answers to questions about car oxygen sensor replacement costs, symptoms and more.
What does a oxygen sensor replacement in London involve?
- The mechanic will read the ECU for possible fault codes related to the oxygen sensors.
- The mechanic will inspect the sensor and ancillaries (like the electrical connectors).
- If necessary, the mechanic will replace the sensor.
- The mechanic will advise if other components need to be replaced as well.
- The mechanic will check the sensors again.
- The mechanic will test drive the car, if necessary the mechanic will make adjustments.
What are the symptoms of a faulty Oxygen Sensor?
- When the 'Check Engine' light on your dashboard is on.
- When the engine won't start or cuts out during operation.
- When the engine misfires.
- When the engine runs rough (a rough idle for example).
- When the engine doesn't perform as well as usual.
- When the car's fuel consumption is higher than usual.
- When the car fails an emissions test.
How long does it take to replace an o2 sensor in London?
A car oxygen sensor replacement usually takes around 1 hour, but can take less or more time. Ultimately, the time that the job will take will depend on a number of factors, like your vehicle's make and model, year, as well as other factors. Select your car at the top of this page for information on job time and cost for your vehicle through ClickMechanic.
Is the oxygen sensor checked during an MOT?
The oxygen sensor or lambda sensor if often flagged during the emissions check in an MOT test. As the sensor helps regulate the fuel/air mixture going into the engine, it follows that a faulty lambda sensor is often the cause of emissions that are too high. It's recommended to check for a functioning oxygen sensor, especially prior to an MOT test.
Is a faulty oxygen sensor an MOT failure?
A faulty oxygen sensor in itself should not cause MOT failure as it is not checked as part of MOT. However, a failing sensor can lead to engine performance issues, if these result in emissions issues it is possible your vehicle can fail its MOT.
Can London garages offer home collection and delivery for car oxygen sensor replacement?
Yes, many garages in London are able to offer collection and delivery for a car oxygen sensor replacement. With ClickMechanic collection & delivery is free if your vehicle is drivable. Once booked a mechanic will pick up the vehicle on the day and time of your choice, do the work, and return the vehicle at a time convenient to you. Simply enter your vehicle registration number and postcode to get an upfront price for a car oxygen sensor replacement in London.
Can London mobile mechanics do car oxygen sensor replacement at my home or office?
Yes, London mobile mechanics can do a car oxygen sensor replacement at your home or office, provided there is a safe and sufficient space to conduct the repair or replacement. With ClickMechanic, once booked for a date and time of your choice, your booking will be offered to vetted mobile mechanics in your area.
How much does a car oxygen sensor replacement cost in London?
The average cost of a car oxygen sensor replacement in London varies between £145 and £180, depending on your car's make and model. See the averages for different makes below. We consolidate industry standard data with millions of data points to give you the most accurate price.
These estimates may include Lambda sensor, Lambda sensor, Lambda sensor and/or Lambda sensor. We have quotes for the top 46 manufacturers.
Prices could not be created for 34 models. Show ∨
- Mitsubishi Fuso
- Ford US
- Great Wall
- Aston Martin
- London Taxi's International
Estimates on repair costs, such as the above results for a car oxygen sensor replacement, are created by combining data from multiple third-party sources. The actual cost of using your local repair providers may be outside of the estimated range. We provide estimates on repair costs for information only and accept no liability for any inaccuracies or errors. If you think an estimate is incorrect, please contact us to let us know.
Book a trusted mechanic today
Get an instant quote, then book a vetted mechanic to fix your car at your home or office.
- Vetted mechanics
- Save up to 50%
- Fast online booking
Mechanics in and around London
- 24hour Master Windshield LTD, London
- A B Services, London
- A J Mobile Tyres, Bexleyheath
- Amodeus Ltd, Surrey
- Amodeus Ltd Trading As All In Car Services, Mitcham
- Aquarius Autos LTD T/A B H Autos, London
- Auto Eng Repair Ltd, London
- Auto Mot Centre Ltd, Manor Park
- Auto Quick Fix, London
- Autolink Car Sales Ltd T/A One Stop Auto Centre, London
- Autopia Car Care, Romford
- Autotech Limited. Star Automotive, Erith
- Bob Barker Auto Repairs, London
- Bwp Autos, Ilford
- CHARLIE BROWNS MOT CENTRE T/A CHIGWELL CAR SERVICING, London
- Carwrights, London
- Central London Rescue And Repair Ltd, London
- Ckautocare, West Wickham
- Croydon Vehicle Services LTD, Croydon
- D & M AUTO MOBILE SERVICES LTD, Middlesex
- D2 Vehicle Services Ltd, Coulsdon
- DEUTSCHE TECHNIK LTD T/A Hi Q Enfield, Enfield
- Dans Mobile Motor Repairs, Watford
- Dee Bee Mot Ltd, London
- Denzautos, Romford
- Ds Auto Tech, Middlesex
- E.K Tuning, Waltham Cross
- Eddie Mobile Mechanic, Walthamstow
- Emergency Vehicle Assistance, Romford
- Euro Motor Group Ltd, Middlesex
- Genius Motor Mechanic, Rainham
- Gr Automotive Repairs And Servicing, Shepperton
- Green Lane Autos, Morden
- Jc Auto Repair, Middlesex
- Jnc Motors Ltd, Sutton
- Jojocarrepairs, Wood Green
- Kirit Babla, Iver
- Kwik Kar Service Centre, London
- Lc Autotech, Purley
- Lee's Repairs, Rochester
- Liberty Wraps, Hayes
- Lk Mobile Mechanic, London
- MOT VILLAGE, London
- Malyon Automotive, Orpington
- Marathon Motors Ltd, London
- Marks Motors, Northolt
- Marshall Auto Care, London
- Mechanicgogu, London
- Mem's Mobile Mechanic, Sidcup
- Mike's Mechanics, London
- Mkautostone Vehicle Repaits & Training Centre Limted, London
- Momec Automotive, London
- Mot Factory, Thamesmead
- Mot Village, London
- Motor Trade, Leyton
- Mustafa, London
- Mw Automotive, Beckenham
- National Spares & Tyres, Middlesex
- Nikos G, Ilford
- Noman Motors, Brentford
- Northwood Coachworks, Northwood
- Nukar Taxis, Dagenham
- Nuvanti Motors LTD, London
- OSAKA, Croydon
- Olinour Hussain, London
- Onsite Autos, Kingston
- Prestige A+ Repair Ltd, Wembley
- Prestige Auto Centre Ltd, London
- Prestigious German Services LLP, Westerham
- RJ Autos, Erith
- Ramp Garage Ltd, Iver
- Rasimotor, London
- Redline Garage Ltd, Barking
- Rev Motorsport LTD, Middlesex
- Rhk Mot And Service Centre Ltd, Middlesex
- Rikesh Soneji, Harrow
- Rj Mechanical, Westerham
- Roadside Mobile Mechanics Ltd, Welling
- Smith & Hunter Ltd, London
- Southall Mechanic Services Ltd, Southall
- Sparrowhawk Motors Iv Ltd, London
- Surinder Autos & Motors Ltd, Southall
- TDK Autocare, London
- TGR, Northolt
- TRP Vehicle Services, Godalming
- Tab Automotive, Iver
- Tailored Mobile Mechanics, Romford
- Test, London
- Teyana Ltd, Aylesbury
- That Car Guy, Ashford
- The Automaster, London
- Tobia Services, Hayes
- Tolworth Autocare, Surbiton
- Tyre & Auto Direct, Greatwestern Road
- V And H Services, Dagenham
- VICAUTOS LTD, London
- VLADIMIR RADICIC MOBILE MECHANIC, London
- Victor Mobile Mechanic, Roehampton
- Volvo Diagnostic, Tilbury