Make £15k per month with flexible mechanic work
Free to join & no monthly fees!
Great for new and established businesses
Works for mobile mechanics, garages & tyre fitters
Our free mechanic app sends you more work, manages your bookings and gives you instant access to parts with huge trade discounts.
How it works
We send details of local jobs in your area to your smartphone. All these jobs pay £35-£85 per hour and are quoted using technical data. You'll receive a margin on the parts based on the trade prices.
You decide to either accept or decline the job. If you accept then you carry out the work and use your ClickMechanic app to view and manage the booking.
Once all the work is complete you invoice the customer through the app, which automatically collects payment from the customers bank account and deposits your earnings into your bank account within 3 working days.
Simon is one of our favourite mechanics. Watch the video to see why he loves the ClickMechanic platform.
The established business owner
"Since I first started working with ClickMechanic, I've had much more work and less downtime. They bring customers and then follow the job all the way through, helping to communicate with the customer and resolve any questions. I'd definitely recommend ClickMechanic to other garages and mobile mechanics who want an easier way to find and manage customers."Brian, Slough
Grow your business
We have 1000s of customers booking work. You just accept it.
You don't pay a penny unless you complete work and get paid.
We'll give you a free mechanic profile to display your reviews and credentials which helps build customer trust.
The mechanic just starting their business
"I used to be a mechanical engineer for another company but having more than 10 years of experience in the motor trade, I wanted to pursue my passion by taking it a step further and starting my own business. ClickMechanic gave me the perfect opportunity to kickstart my business. I joined the platform not long after I started my independent company Northern Motors. The support team is just brilliant and it's incredible to see the effort they're making to help mechanics like me get their business off the ground with quick access to flexible work."Jonathan, North West of England
Work whenever you want even weekends and evenings - you decide.
Be your own boss
You make the decisions and build your own business.
Support to grow
We're with you to help deal with marketing, customer support and more.
Joining is quick and easy
Simple online application
Filling in the initial application takes 5 mins and we'll let you know immediately if you'll be a good fit.
You’ll need to provide some additional bits of information and a member of our team will give you a call to run through your application.
Become an approved member of the network and make up to £15k per month and pick and choose what work you take and when you do it.
We're currently recruiting mobile mechanics and garages across the UK including these cities:
Brighton & Hove
Kingston upon Hull
City of London
Newcastle upon Tyne
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many bookings will I get if I join the network?
- This is totally dependent on how far you are willing to travel (how big a travel radius you have), services you provide (ie: mobile/garage/both) and what jobs you take on (eg: service, brakes, clutches). However we’re confident you’ll get access to lots of jobs each week.
- How do I receive a discount on parts?
- During the onboarding process, mechanics will receive a welcome email which includes all the details about the extensive trade part discounts you will be able to receive through ClickMechanic and how to obtain them.
- What fees do ClickMechanic charge?
- We do not charge any subscription fees and it's 100% free to join. We only charge a commission on the bookings you choose to accept and complete which covers payment processing, marketing, customer service and other costs incurred.
- How do I get paid and how long do I wait until I get paid?
- Payments you receive are processed through a third party secure payment platform. Payments from your account to your nominated bank account can take up to 3 working days. Due to additional security checks your first payment may take up to 10 working days.
- Who pays me, you (ClickMechanic) or the customer?
- The customer pays you, but we help manage this process via our payment system.
- How do you take your commission, do I have to send you the money?
- Commission is charged automatically through our payment system so you don’t need to do a thing. We provide you with an invoice for our commission on your ClickMechanic dashboard.
- How long after sending my documents will it take before I complete the vetting process?
- Once you have submitted your documents we need to review them and ensure they match our requirements. This will normally take up to one working day. Please ensure you have logged into your account and set up everything else required to put you live.
- How quickly after completing the vetting process will I be able to accept bookings?
- Instantly! You can accept your first booking after going live on our system.
- What qualifications and insurance do I need to join the network?
- As a professional mechanic you shall need Motor Trade insurance, Public Liability insurance, vehicle maintenance qualifications (at least NVQ/C&G Level 2) and 5 years experience. If you don’t have some of these qualifications or insurance we can help you acquire them.
- What if I have lost my qualifications?
- You should be able to obtain copies from either the college or the governing body that awarded the qualification to you in the first instance.
- I don’t have any formal training or qualifications, can I join?
- We understand some mechanics may have worked in the industry for many years but may have no formal training or qualifications. We consider these applications on a case by case basis, so it is still worth applying.
- I am a mobile mechanic, why do you require motor trade insurance?
- To safeguard both mechanics and customers. Motor Trade insurance is designed to cover for any accidents while driving customer vehicles. Mechanics are expected to test drive the vehicle after repairs and as part of some inspections, hence the need for Motor Trade Insurance.
- What is the minimum Public Liability cover that I need?
- You will need at least a £1 million of public liability cover.
- Do I need to be VAT registered to join ClickMechanic?
- No, it’s not a requirement to join the network. However if you are VAT registered we will ask for your VAT number when setting up your account, which we will show on the VAT invoices we provide you for our commission.
- What is the difference or benefits of being VAT registered vs not being VAT registered?
- Businesses are legally required to become VAT registered once they hit a certain threshold of annual turnover (£85,000 per annum as of 2020/21 tax year). To provide the best possible experience to users, the amounts quoted by the system must be treated as VAT inclusive if you are VAT registered. If you are VAT registered you can claim back the VAT charged on our commission as well as on parts. If you are not VAT registered then you do not include VAT within the amount charged, but you also cannot reclaim VAT on your costs.
- Who can join the network?
- Mobile mechanics, garage based mechanics and tyre fitters.
- I have more questions. How do I contact you?
- Email our mechanics sales support team at email@example.com in the first instance and they shall either call or email you back ASAP (within 24 hours at the latest).