Top Mechanics For Drive Shaft Repair & Replacements in London
Garage in London, 30 years of experience
We provide MOT tests, servicing and car repairs on all makes and models in Enfield and surrounding areas. Catering for customers in Enfield, Cheshunt, Barnet and Southgate, we offer quality car servicing and...
DARREN, BOREHAMWOOD • 17th March 2023
Dacia Sandero Stepway • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer left
Garage in London, 10 years of experience
You’ll never struggle to find One Stop Auto Centre – there are plenty of handy transport links nearby. That means there’s always ease of access to help you get to and from our London garage easily when you l...
RAJISH, LONDON • 24th February 2023
Ford Focus C-MAX • Driveshaft replacement - front / driver side
Garage in London, 15 years of experience
I have more than 15 years of experience in various mechanical environments such as Eritrea Company, local Garage, Auto Zone, Norwood as Mechanic, Mot tester and Mobile Mechanic. I am able to do many repairs...
Garage in London, 17 years of experience
Here at MOT Village we have been running for the last 8 years with our skilled mechanics. We specialise in Class 7 heavy goods. Our customers will always be our first priority. And we make sure to provid...
IAN, Beckenham • 8th April 2022
Dacia Sandero Stepway • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer right
Garage in London, 20 years of experience
Having been in the motor trade for 20 years, I strongly believe i can offer the experience of a cost effective service to all of my clients. Based on my experience and knowledge, I aim to offer a satisfactor...
CLARE, LONDON • 31st December 2021
Volkswagen Golf • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer left
Garage in London, 30 years of experience
Hi, I’ve been a mechanic since leaving school and have owned and operated my own garage since I was 25 , were you could that I’ve done most jobs on a wide range of vehicles. I’d like to say that my workmans...
Garage in London, 12 years of experience
We offer everything you need from a modern state-of-the art workshop – with transparent charges and excellent customer service at the heart of everything we do. Our team of dedicated service professionals ar...
STEPHANIE, SOUTHFIELDS • 23rd August 2021
Vauxhall Vectra • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer left
Garage in London, 16 years of experience
We are a fully mobile vehicle repair/diagnostics service. With 15 years experience you can rely on us to come to you to save you any hassle of visiting a garage. We use the latest diagnostic technology to...
Garage in London, 25 years of experience
A mobile mechanic with over 25 years in the trade. Fully qualified mechanic starting my career in independent garages and developing my experience. For your convinience, we come to you! Working on all makes...
Mobile mechanic in London, 14 years of experience
I am a fully skilled mechanic - able to diagnose and repair vehicles also inspect them - i have worked for car giant for 8 years as a mechanic - started off as vehicle inspector then gradually worked up to a...
Garage in London, 15 years of experience
I have been interested in the car repair industry for almost my entire life. The first few years were spent learning the trade and I went to college to study it properly. I worked at a garage as a BMW specia...
He was on time, very helpful and done an excellent job.
I would difinately recommend him to a friend.
AYELET, London • 10th December 2015
Hyundai Accent/Excel • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer right
Garage serving London, 9 years of experience
We are well established and come with a great reputation. Furthermore, we offer excellent advice and experience on vehicle maintenance and repairs. Our friendly staff will go the extra mile to guarantee that...
SABINA, KINGSTON UPON THAMES • 15th August 2022
MINI Mini • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - inner right
Garage serving London, 35 years of experience
I have worked as a mechanic for over 35 years. I have experience with all types of vehicles including American models. I also have a lot of experience in motorcycles and vans repairs and servicing . Worked ...
CHRIS, Borehamwood • 7th June 2022
Hyundai Coupe • Additional work following previous booking
Garage serving London, 8 years of experience
Our garage is in the heart of West London on Featherstone industrial Estate in Southall. Our business puts our customers first and that's why we're the ideal garage for many people in the local community. We...
Garage serving London, 20 years of experience
Jon owns and operates SMS Autocare and has been running the business for over 15 years in the Slough area. Prior to setting up SMS Autocare Jon completed his apprenticeship and was then a mobile mechanic for...
KATRINA, MIDDLESEX • 26th January 2022
Renault Scenic • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer right
Frequently asked questions about drive shaft repair & replacements in London
Read our answers to questions about drive shaft repair costs, symptoms and more.
What does a drive shaft replacement in London involve?
- The mechanic will jack the car safely.
- The mechanic will inspect the drive shaft.
- If necessary the mechanic will replace the faulty driveshaft
- The mechanic will advise if other components need to be replaced.
- The mechanic will re-check the drive assembly and test drive the car.
- If necessary, the mechanic will make adjustments.
What are the symptoms of a bad drive shaft?
- When the car vibrates whilst driving, noticeable through the steering wheel.
- When there is a thudding or clunking noise coming from underneath or the back of the car.
- When there is a squeaking noise coming from underneath or the back of the car.
- When the car does not move at all.
How long does it take to replace a driveshaft in London?
A drive shaft replacement typically takes 1 hour, but can take less or more time. Ultimately, the time that the job will take depends on a range of factors. For example, your vehicle's make and model, year, as well as other factors. Select your car at the top of this page for information on job time and cost for your vehicle through ClickMechanic.
When should a drive shaft be replaced?
While the driveshaft itself is usually not prone to wear over time and there is no set lifespan, it can get damaged. Usually due to an accident or because the shaft was damaged will driving over a bump or through a pothole. In many cases like this the car becomes practically undriveable with severe knocking noises.
Addressing issues with the drive shaft timely and professionally is key to prevent further, more expensive, damage to the car. Should you experience problems with driveshaft then it is advisable to have it inspected and, if necessary, have the driveshaft replaced. Always service the driveshaft as and when stipulated in the guidelines set out by your car's manufacturer.
How much does it cost to replace a prop shaft in London?
The cost for a prop shaft replacement depends on your car and what parts your car's manufacturer recommends using for the replacement. Furthermore it will also depend on your location.
Is a worn drive shaft an MOT failure?
Yes, a worn drive shaft can lead to an MOT failure if one its component checked during the MOT has an issue. For example, vehicles often fail their MOT on the CV joint section of the driveshaft, or indeed the CV boots.
What happens when your drive shaft goes out?
When your driveshaft goes out or fails you will hear a loud grinding or clunking noise as the driveshaft breaks. It can lead to the wheels no longer turning properly and a loss of control of the car. It will very likely also lead to further damage to the suspension and drivetrain.
It's important to get your driveshafts checked periodically and address any issues.
Can London garages offer home collection and delivery for drive shaft repair?
Yes, many garages in London are able to offer collection and delivery for a drive shaft repair. With ClickMechanic collection & delivery is free if your vehicle is drivable. Once booked a mechanic will pick up the vehicle on the day and time of your choice, do the work, and return the vehicle at a time convenient to you. Simply enter your vehicle registration number and postcode to get an upfront price for a drive shaft repair in London.
Can London mobile mechanics do drive shaft repair at my home or office?
Yes, London mobile mechanics can do a drive shaft repair at your home or office, provided there is a safe and sufficient space to conduct the repair or replacement. With ClickMechanic, once booked for a date and time of your choice, your booking will be offered to vetted mobile mechanics in your area.
How much does a drive shaft repair cost in London?
The average cost of a drive shaft repair in London varies between £253 and £388, depending on your car's make and model. See the averages for different makes below. We consolidate industry standard data with millions of data points to give you the most accurate price.
We have quotes for the top 47 manufacturers.
Prices could not be created for 34 models. Show ∨
- Mitsubishi Fuso
- Ford US
- Great Wall
- London Taxi's International
Estimates on repair costs, such as the above results for a drive shaft repair, are created by combining data from multiple third-party sources. The actual cost of using your local repair providers may be outside of the estimated range. We provide estimates on repair costs for information only and accept no liability for any inaccuracies or errors. If you think an estimate is incorrect, please contact us to let us know.
Book a trusted mechanic today
Get an instant quote, then book a vetted mechanic to fix your car at your home or office.
- Vetted mechanics
- Save up to 50%
- Fast online booking
Mechanics in and around London
- 24hour Master Windshield LTD, London
- A B Services, London
- A J Mobile Tyres, Bexleyheath
- Amodeus Ltd, Surrey
- Amodeus Ltd Trading As All In Car Services, Mitcham
- Aquarius Autos LTD T/A B H Autos, London
- Auto Eng Repair Ltd, London
- Auto Mot Centre Ltd, Manor Park
- Auto Quick Fix, London
- Autolink Car Sales Ltd T/A One Stop Auto Centre, London
- Autopia Car Care, Romford
- Autotech Limited. Star Automotive, Erith
- Bob Barker Auto Repairs, London
- Bwp Autos, Ilford
- CHARLIE BROWNS MOT CENTRE T/A CHIGWELL CAR SERVICING, London
- Carwrights, London
- Central London Rescue And Repair Ltd, London
- Ckautocare, West Wickham
- Croydon Vehicle Services LTD, Croydon
- D & M AUTO MOBILE SERVICES LTD, Middlesex
- D2 Vehicle Services Ltd, Coulsdon
- DEUTSCHE TECHNIK LTD T/A Hi Q Enfield, Enfield
- Dans Mobile Motor Repairs, Watford
- Dee Bee Mot Ltd, London
- Denzautos, Romford
- Ds Auto Tech, Middlesex
- E.K Tuning, Waltham Cross
- Eddie Mobile Mechanic, Walthamstow
- Emergency Vehicle Assistance, Romford
- Euro Motor Group Ltd, Middlesex
- Genius Motor Mechanic, Rainham
- Gr Automotive Repairs And Servicing, Shepperton
- Green Lane Autos, Morden
- Jc Auto Repair, Middlesex
- Jnc Motors Ltd, Sutton
- Jojocarrepairs, Wood Green
- Kirit Babla, Iver
- Kwik Kar Service Centre, London
- Lc Autotech, Purley
- Lee's Repairs, Rochester
- Liberty Wraps, Hayes
- Lk Mobile Mechanic, London
- MOT VILLAGE, London
- Malyon Automotive, Orpington
- Marathon Motors Ltd, London
- Marks Motors, Northolt
- Marshall Auto Care, London
- Mechanicgogu, London
- Mem's Mobile Mechanic, Sidcup
- Mike's Mechanics, London
- Mkautostone Vehicle Repaits & Training Centre Limted, London
- Momec Automotive, London
- Mot Factory, Thamesmead
- Mot Village, London
- Motor Trade, Leyton
- Mustafa, London
- Mw Automotive, Beckenham
- National Spares & Tyres, Middlesex
- Nikos G, Ilford
- Noman Motors, Brentford
- Northwood Coachworks, Northwood
- Nukar Taxis, Dagenham
- Nuvanti Motors LTD, London
- OSAKA, Croydon
- Olinour Hussain, London
- Onsite Autos, Kingston
- Prestige A+ Repair Ltd, Wembley
- Prestige Auto Centre Ltd, London
- Prestigious German Services LLP, Westerham
- RJ Autos, Erith
- Ramp Garage Ltd, Iver
- Rasimotor, London
- Redline Garage Ltd, Barking
- Rev Motorsport LTD, Middlesex
- Rhk Mot And Service Centre Ltd, Middlesex
- Rikesh Soneji, Harrow
- Rj Mechanical, Westerham
- Roadside Mobile Mechanics Ltd, Welling
- Smith & Hunter Ltd, London
- Southall Mechanic Services Ltd, Southall
- Sparrowhawk Motors Iv Ltd, London
- Surinder Autos & Motors Ltd, Southall
- TDK Autocare, London
- TGR, Northolt
- TRP Vehicle Services, Godalming
- Tab Automotive, Iver
- Tailored Mobile Mechanics, Romford
- Test, London
- Teyana Ltd, Aylesbury
- That Car Guy, Ashford
- The Automaster, London
- Tobia Services, Hayes
- Tolworth Autocare, Surbiton
- Tyre & Auto Direct, Greatwestern Road
- V And H Services, Dagenham
- VICAUTOS LTD, London
- VLADIMIR RADICIC MOBILE MECHANIC, London
- Victor Mobile Mechanic, Roehampton
- Volvo Diagnostic, Tilbury