Top Mechanics For Airbag Inspections in Newcastle
Garage in Redcar, 11 years of experience
I am originally a self taught mechanic from an engineering background and I repaired cars in my own time from 2004-2007, I realised I needed to have official qualifications so I attended Middlesbrough Colleg...
ANDREW, NEW MARSKE • 7th August 2017
Ford Mondeo • SRS/Airbags Inspection
Garage in Blandford, 20 years of experience
Mobile Mechanic with 20 years experience, all work completed to a high standard using manufacturer recognised parts. I’m in the military so split between the below locations, therefore able to complete work ...
STEPHEN, CO DURHAM • 27th February 2021
Audi TT Coupe • SRS/Airbags Inspection
Garage in Newcastle, 10 years of experience
Motor Spot is a one stop shop for vehicles in Newcastle upon Tyne. We specialize in vehicle tyres & repairs. Our experienced staff is genuine and reliable giving you a dealer experience at affordable prices
JAN, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 27th March 2023
Mobile mechanic in Newcastle, 25 years of experience
20yrs working in independent garages on all makes and models, 5 years working Seat and MG dealer franchise's
PETER, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 11th February 2023
MINI Mini Clubman • Brake pads replacement - rear (all)
Garage in Newcastle, 11 years of experience
Main Dealerships leading on to my own workshop before I decided to take the business mobile in 2014. I enjoy what I do and I always work to a high standard to keep customers happy and returning with confidence.
ALEX, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 24th August 2021
Audi TT Coupe • Premium Pre-purchase Inspection
Garage in Newcastle, 15 years of experience
Has worked in multiple dealerships in the past, worked longest for a Vauxhall dealership.
Would recommend certainly in the Newcastle area.”
DAVID, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 2nd September 2017
Hyundai i20 • Clutch replacement
Mobile mechanic in Newcastle, 18 years of experience
I did my apprenticeship at Reg Vardys where I learned the trade and worked for 8 years. I later moved to another branch of Reg Vardys and worked as a fully qualified mechanic there for 3 years. I later moved...
JOHN, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 17th March 2017
Mobile mechanic in Newcastle, 15 years of experience
I worked previously at a Citroen independent garage for 9 years and after that time I began my own business RJ Mobile Autos and have been going for around 5 years now. I have a range of services available fr...
Garage serving Newcastle, 13 years of experience
I have more than 13 years repairing vehicles. I can offer a range of services and repairs. Happy to help
Gave advice on what to do next and explained that was wrong with the car”
MATTHEW, NEWCASTLE • 28th March 2023
Ford Focus • Diagnostic Inspection
Garage serving Newcastle, 15 years of experience
I began my career with Citroen/Peugeot in Newcastle though the apprenticeship scheme and served my time there for 4 years. I moved to Prestige Cars in Gateshead for 18 months before gaining more experienc...
MELVYN, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 24th March 2023
Ford S-MAX • Diesel injector seals replacement (all)
Garage serving Newcastle, 10 years of experience
Our mechanic has vast experience working in multiple franchised dealerships including Fiat and Renault. The past several years working in independent garages on vast makes and models.
JAMES, FOREST HALL • 22nd December 2022
Vauxhall Corsa • Lower wishbone replacement - front (driver side)
Garage serving Newcastle, 25 years of experience
Ian and Trudi Wilson Opened Wilson's Auto Service Centre garage in Jarrow near Hebburn, Tyne & Wear, in July 2019. Our car delivery service, Wilson Car Delivery company also benefits from our ga...
Mobile mechanic serving Newcastle, 15 years of experience
I've been in the trade for well over 15 years now and still get that great buzz from solving customers issues and seeing them happy again. Before I branched out on my own I worked with a company who had a co...
LAURA, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 14th April 2022
Garage serving Newcastle, 10 years of experience
We deliver an efficient and reliable service for your car with our 5-strong team of fully qualified technicians. Our state of the art facility has everything we need to offer comprehensive care for your vehi...
ANDREA, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE • 10th December 2021
Skoda Citigo • Timing belt/chain replacement
Garage serving Newcastle, 8 years of experience
At Motor Fix we offer a wide range of vehicle maintenance, from diagnostics to clutches we can assist with all your motoring needs to see if we can help, offering a garage-based service
SIMON, NEWCASTLE ON TYNE • 5th August 2021
Hyundai Getz • Broken timing chain/belt damage assessment
Frequently asked questions about airbag inspections in Newcastle
Read our answers to questions about airbag inspection costs, symptoms and more.
What triggers an SRS warning light?
When the ignition is switched on, the SRS control unit (ECU) will check communication with all the airbag units around the vehicle, the trigger mechanism and seat belt tensioners etc. If communication is satisfied then the light will extinguish,
However, if the return signal from one of the units is not received, or it picks up information that is out of the expected range, then the light will remain on.
What are the potential causes of an SRS warning light?
There is a wide range of error codes that can be received by the SRS ECU, the number depending on the vehicle you have. However there are a few common ones that can trigger it.
- Steering Wheel Clock Spring; This is the ribbon mechanism which is behind the steering wheel that contains the wires to the drivers airbag. Like a clock spring, they wind and unwind as the steering wheel turns and whilst fairly flexible, after a time they can become brittle and crack
- Under Seat Connection; There is a connector block under the front seats that connects the wires in the seat SRS components to the vehicles wiring loom. These have to be flexible as the seat needs to be adjusted for position of the occupant and over time they can work loose, especially on 3 door vehicles where the seat are pushed forward to allow access for the rear passengers.
What happens during an SRS Fault Diagnostic in Newcastle?
- The mechanic will plug into the SRS system though your vehicle's diagnostic port.
- They will then scan the system for the error code.
- Once a list of the codes has been identified and recorded, they will clear the codes and retest.
- The remaining error codes will then dictate the next course of action
- If there are communication error codes, where possible, the mechanic will check the connections.
- If the connections are fine, then the mechanic will quote you on the required repairs.
- If the SRS light remains off after the clearing of the codes, it may have been a temporary fault in which no additional action needs to be taken.
How much does an SRS Fault Diagnostic in Newcastle cost?
The cost of an SRS Fault Diagnostic depends on your car and your area. Find out what you could save by having the diagnostic test by ClickMechanic, by selecting your car at the top of this page!
Can Newcastle garages offer home collection and delivery for airbag inspection?
Yes, many garages in Newcastle are able to offer collection and delivery for an airbag inspection. With ClickMechanic collection & delivery is free if your vehicle is drivable. Once booked a mechanic will pick up the vehicle on the day and time of your choice, do the work, and return the vehicle at a time convenient to you. Simply enter your vehicle registration number and postcode to get an upfront price for a airbag inspection in Newcastle.
Can Newcastle mobile mechanics do airbag inspection at my home or office?
Yes, Newcastle mobile mechanics can do an airbag inspection at your home or office, provided there is a safe and sufficient space to conduct the repair or replacement. With ClickMechanic, once booked for a date and time of your choice, your booking will be offered to vetted mobile mechanics in your area.
Book a trusted mechanic today
Get an instant quote, then book a vetted mechanic to fix your car at your home or office.
- Vetted mechanics
- Save up to 50%
- Fast online booking
Mechanics in and around Newcastle
- A&Js Autoparts, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Jarrow Mot Centre, Jarrow
- M & K Motor Services, Wallsend
- Motor Spot Limited, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Nattrav Ltd TA WILSON'S AUTO SERVICE CENTRE, Jarrow
- PREMIER VEHICLE CARE LTD, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Parker Automotive Remaps, Wallsend Tyne And Wear
- Rj Mobile Auto Services, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- South Hylton Garage, Sunderland
- Spanner Monkeys NE Limited, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Stadium Auto Repairs Mobile, Newcastle Upon Tyne