Top Mechanics For Shaft, Final Drive And Axles Inspection, Repair & Replacements
Garage in London, 7 years of experience
I work on clutches, full services, suspension and exhaust system, tyres, brakes and breakdown services.
NICOLE • 25th May 2023
Vauxhall Corsa • Wheel bearing replacement - front (driver side)
Garage in Woking, 12 years of experience
I started my career with Kwik-Fit when I was 16 for a number of years understanding the trade. I moved to work for a few independent garages for around 4 years before working with Vauxhall for 3 years and su...
Garage in Melksham, 10 years of experience
worked as a mechanic in independent and main dealer shops and decided to go off on my own to offer a mobile repair service.
Garage in Dagenham, 30 years of experience
Hi, I’ve been a mechanic since leaving school and have owned and operated my own garage since I was 25 , were you could that I’ve done most jobs on a wide range of vehicles. I’d like to say that my workmans...
DERYN • 19th May 2023
Kia Picanto • Additional work following previous booking
Garage in London, 8 years of experience
Vauxhall dealer 3 independent garages vw dealership
Garage in Cromford, 20 years of experience
Vehicle repair and maintenance - servicing, brakes, clutches & gearboxes, diagnostic, tuning, engine rebuilds, suspension. VW Audi specialist but experienced in working on all makes and models
PAUL • 18th May 2023
Volkswagen Transporter • Wheel bearing replacement - rear (passenger side)
Garage in Leicester , 30 years of experience
I worked at vnr motorsport bmw specialist and then I ran my own garage and now there is a mobile mechanic <a href='https://www.clickmechanic.com/' title='ClickMechanic'><img width='250' src='https://badge...
DHARAM • 12th May 2023
Audi A5 • Wheel bearing replacement - front (passenger side)
Garage in Leigh, 10 years of experience
Kia/Hyundai Main Dealer Trained - 10 years experience so far, always happy to help. Brakes Servicing Suspension Valeting MOTs Plus More!
Garage in Doncaster, 9 years of experience
Offer the following: Services Brakes Exhausts & Batteries Clutch Repair Suspension General Repairs
Very impressed with the service as it takes all the hassle out of finding a garage you can trust .
More than happy to recommend and use his service again.”
PAUL • 12th May 2023
Hyundai i20 • Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - inner right
Mobile mechanic in Gwersyllt, 30 years of experience
With over 30 years of experience, I work on all makes and models doing anything from diagnostics inspections to services. We aim to provide the best customer service possible, coming out mobile to your home ...
Garage in Reading, 15 years of experience
Reading auto independent garage, we offer MOT repairs, wiring, clutches, gearbox, timing chains, timing belts water pumps, diagnosing checks services, tyres, ac filling and much more, with years of experienc...
Garage in Reading, 24 years of experience
PopesWood Garage 1998-2003 Mechanical Training TCD cars (self employed) 2004-2012 - Car Repair, maintenance. LACC Country cars 2012-2016 Car repair, maintenance and mechanical prep Japonica Cars 2016-date...
Mobile mechanic in Bury, 9 years of experience
I began my career with LandRover where I completed my apprenticeship and was with the company for around 3 years. I moved to BMW/Mini for 5 years before setting up my own mobile mechanic business in 2016 cal...
Garage in Lincoln, 20 years of experience
I have been in the motor trade for the last 20 years I have worked mainly in dealerships and have worked on a wide range of vehicles from cars to hgv I will be able to undertake most jobs at any location if ...
Mobile mechanic in Maidenhead , 30 years of experience
I have worked in the car repair industry for over 30 years. Operating as a mobile mechanic in this area for over 25 years
Some of the Shaft, Final Drive and Axles jobs we offer
- Camshaft chain cover & gasket replacement
- Camshaft oil seal replacement - front (SOHC)
- Camshaft oil seal replacement - rear (SOHC)
- Camshaft oil seals - front (DOHC)
- Camshaft oil seals - rear (DOHC)
- Differential box input seal replacement - rear axle
- Driveshaft CV joint replacement - front outer / driver side
- Driveshaft CV joint replacement - front outer / passenger side
- Driveshaft CV joint replacement - rear outer / driver side
- Driveshaft CV joint replacement - rear outer / passenger side
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / inner left
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / inner right
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / left (both)
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / outer left
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / outer right
- Driveshaft joint gaiter replacement - rear / right (both)
- Driveshaft replacement - front / driver side
- Driveshaft replacement - front / passenger side
- Driveshaft replacement - rear / driver side
- Driveshaft replacement - rear / passenger side
- Driveshaft seal replacement - front / inner left
- Driveshaft seal replacement - front / inner right
- Driveshaft seal replacement - rear / inner left
- Driveshaft seal replacement - rear / inner right
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - both left
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - both right
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - inner left
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - inner right
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer left
- Front driveshaft CV joint gaiter replacement - outer right
- Stub axle replacement (rear axle) - driver side
- Stub axle replacement (rear axle) - passenger side
- Wheel bearing replacement - front (driver side)
- Wheel bearing replacement - front (passenger side)
- Wheel bearing replacement - rear (driver side)
- Wheel bearing replacement - rear (passenger side)
Frequently asked questions about shaft, final drive and axles inspection, repair & replacements
Read our answers to questions about shaft, final drive and axles inspection, repair & replacement costs, symptoms and more.
What is a CV joint on a car?
A CV joint, or constant velocity, is a type of ball joint that is commonly used on the drive axles of cars. It connects the drive shafts of a car to the wheels and is generally found in front-wheel drive vehicles but can also be found in some cars with four-wheel drive.
How much does it cost to replace an axle?
You can expect the pay anywhere between £150 - £400 to replace an axle. The exact cost will depend on a number of factors including the make and model of the car as well as the local labour charges.
How long does it take to replace a rear axle?
Replacing a rear axle can take anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours depending on the repairs needed, associated car parts needed and the make and model of the vehicle.
Can you drive with a broken rear axle?
No, you will not be able to drive with a broken rear axle and it is highly unsafe if you attempt to do so. The axles are what transfers the power from the transmission to the wheels.
What are signs of a bad axle?
Common signs of a bad axle may include:
- Clicking noise when turning
- Vibration while driving
- Feeling of looseness in steering wheel
- Rumbling noise from underside of the vehicle
How much does a Shaft, Final Drive and Axles inspection, repair & replacement cost?
Check out the ClickMechanic price for a shaft, final drive and axles inspection, repair & replacement. See the averages for different makes below. We consolidate industry standard data with millions of data points to give you the most accurate price.
|Audi||£284||Get exact price|
|BMW||£336||Get exact price|
|Citroen||£278||Get exact price|
|Ford||£246||Get exact price|
|Land Rover||£309||Get exact price|
|Mercedes-Benz||£343||Get exact price|
|Nissan||£331||Get exact price|
|Peugeot||£279||Get exact price|
|Renault||£259||Get exact price|
|Toyota||£325||Get exact price|
|Vauxhall||£272||Get exact price|
|Volkswagen||£249||Get exact price|
Estimates on average repair costs, such as the above results for a shaft, final drive and axles inspection, repair & replacement, are based on ClickMechanic's quote data which combines multiple third-party sources. Actual costs may vary. We provide estimates on average repair costs for information only and accept no liability for any inaccuracies or errors. If you think an estimate is incorrect, please contact us to let us know.
Book a trusted mechanic today
Get an instant quote, then book a vetted mechanic to fix your car at your home or office.
- Vetted mechanics
- Save up to 50%
- Fast online booking
Mechanics that undertake shaft, final drive and axles work
- A.G. AUTOS, Ballyclare
- Applied Braking Services, Bedford
- Ava Tyes Ltd, Dagenham
- Bavarian Finest Motors, Bexhill-On-Sea
- C A M AUTOS, Farborough
- CPR Autos, Sandwich
- Capel Autos Ltd, Gravesend
- Carfix, Sheffield
- Classic Petrolheads Ltd, Market Drayton
- GB Car Inspector, Burnley
- Gledhill Road Garage, Bradford
- Glsautocare, Lancs
- TRG Mobile Mechanic, Edinburgh
- Watsons Motor Repairs, Horndean