Acceptable Use Policy
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our platform
(Contribution) including reviews of mechanics, and to any interactive services provided on our
This Policy must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any
Contribution as well as to its whole.
ClickMechanic Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from ClickMechanic Ltd, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example
only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the
public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect
encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem
platform, upon which you are permitted to use our platform, and may result in our taking all or any of the following
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our platform.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- In extreme cases, legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The
actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably