Is ClickMechanic still open Updated 30th April
We remain open to support you via email and phone and the team are all working remotely.
Opening and Support Hours | Email & General Messages | Phones
Monday to Thursday | 8am - 6pm | 8.30am - 6pm
Friday | 8am - 6pm | 8.30am - 11.30am & 12pm - 5pm
Saturday | 8am - 5pm | 9am - 12pm
Sunday | CLOSED | CLOSED
Should I stay open? Updated 2nd April
Garages are on the list of essential businesses that can stay open. Our interpretation is that mobile mechanics can also as it is essentially the same trade. It is clear that the government wants to keep road transport functioning and keep people off of public transport when they need to head outside for any of the allowed reasons. This is obviously only a decision that you can make and we want to let you know we are here to support you whatever your decision.
If you are still open and would like a letter from ClickMechanic confirming you are providing an essential service and should be on the road we are happy to provide this. Please email us at email@example.com and include your mechanic ID.
We’ve added a new “On leave” feature to your profile page under preferences, that let’s you indicate when you are not working. Setting yourself to “On leave” lets us know that you are CLOSED FOR BUSINESS, and ClickMechanic will stop offering you new jobs by email and SMS. You are able to select a start and end date for period of planned absence, so that you won’t need to remember to set your self as “Available” for work again.
Government advice https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Can I still buy parts? Updated 1st May
Euro Car Parts / Andrew Page
Parts must be pre-ordered or they will not let you in-store, they text when parts are in & ready for collection.
They have outlined 21 branches below, which will merge with their next closest branch from tomorrow morning 3rd April. In the main, it is Andrew Page branches which will merge with their ECP branch. This will ensure we still have the capacity to serve customers in our normal fashion for as long as possible.
Friday 8th May (VE Day)
ECP and AP Trade 9am-4pm
Monday 25th May (Spring Bank Holiday)
AP branches - Closed
It is vital now more than ever that they are doing all they can to support by continuing to pre-order parts that may be required for pre-booked jobs, so any drop in service levels significantly reduce the impact to both parties.
Branch closing | Merge With
AP Birmingham (1050) | ECP Aston
AP Chippenham (1072) | AP Midsomer Norton
ECP BATH - SATT (822) | ECP Bristol - Whitby Road
AP Bury St Edmunds (1056) | ECP BSE
AP Cambridge (1051) | ECP Cambridge
AP Colchester (1114) | ECP Colchester
AP Felixstowe (1110) | ECP Ipswich
AP Ipswich (1113) | ECP Ipswich
AP Wolverhampton (1061) | ECP Wolverhampton
ECP CARDIFF - Trefforest (165) | ECP - Cardiff Bay
ECP BANBURY (146) | ECP Bicester
ECP CHELTENHAM (189) | ECP Gloucester
ECP OXFORD CITY (97) | ECP Abingdon
AP Swindon (1070) | ECP Swindon
AP South Manchester (1107) | ECP - Stockport
AP Warrington (1106) | ECP - Warrington
AP Wigan (1031) | ECP Wigan
ECP LEIGHTON BUZZARD (239) | ECP Milton Keynes
ECP ST ALBANS (173) | ECP Hemel Hempstead
ECP MACCLESFIELD (235) | ECP Stockport
AP Manchester (1032) | ECP - Manchester 02
GSF Car Parts
On their website they are restricting online business to Home Delivery ONLY. Home Delivery will now operate free of charge on all orders over £15 until further notice.
Is anything changing in terms of ClickMechanic bookings and proposals? Updated 24th March
While “contact-free repairs & servicing” went live as a feature customers could opt into last week, we’re now advising all mechanics to follow these procedures for all bookings for the safety of both mechanics and customers. Here is a reminder of some basic guidelines on how to deliver this service here, which we ask you to read in detail.
Are there any changes to the types of work we can offer? Updated 30th April
* MOT expiry date for car, motorcycle, light van or other light vehicle’s will be automatically extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after Monday 30 March 2020.
* Car showrooms have explicitly been ordered to close. We are currently only offering Pre-Purchase Inspection bookings to key and essential workers.
* We have introduced a Vehicle Health Check product for those that are concerned about the safety of their car.
* It is clear that the government wants to maintain a fully functioning road network and keep private cars running and people off of public transport. It also appears that vehicle manufacturers are being flexible in terms of offering extended service schedules to be followed to maintain warranties.
* Most MOT tests have been cancelled in Northern Ireland (where all centres are run by the government), but car owners there do still need to book in for an MOT to be given an exemption certificate. Cars that are 4 year old and are due their first MOT test are still being tested.